What is Prepare?
Prepare is an onboarding and training course for those interested in joining Substance Worship.
There is nothing more nerve-wracking than walking into a new situation to play worship for the first time. There can be so much to learn in the beginning, like:
- when and where do I load in my gear?
- what do I need to bring?
- how do I mix my in-ear monitors?
- what is Planning Center?
Questions like these can create anxiety and affect your playing and leading. The goal of this course is to create a safe space to ask and answer all of your questions about leading worship at Substance Church! Allotting time for learning and community building before your first time on the platform allows you to lead dynamically and with increased confidence.
When can I apply?
We are always accepting audition videos! Once we have enough participants to form a band for a full PREPARE course, we will reach out to accepted applicants to schedule.
How do I apply?
- You will audition to a song we have chosen for you (see links below) that we sing in our weekend services.
- Record a video of yourself playing or singing the song- ensure that we can hear you and the song by playing the track and playing/singing over the top.
- This is a low-tech audition. Use your smartphone to record yourself playing or singing.
Things we will be looking for:
- Heart for worship – sing or play as though you’re leading our congregation in worship
- Preparation – get comfortable with the song
- Accuracy – know your part as its played/sung in the recording
- Feel – match the intensity and style of the original recording, while still being you
Use the links below to get started!
Please choose which instrument you'll be playing. When you click the appropriate link above, you'll find the following files:
- Chord Chart
- Performance Track (With “Click” and “Cues”)
- Practice Track (With “Click” and “Cues”)
The “Performance Track” is the same exact file as the “Practice Track,” but we took out your instrument for you to play over. The lead vocal has also been removed.
When you click on the appropriate link above, you will find the following files:
- Chord Chart
- Performance Tracks Folder (With “Click” and “Cues”)
- Practice Tracks Folder (With “Click” and “Cues”)
For you we have given a folder that contains “performance tracks”. This folder has the song without the main vocal in it. We have the original key and also three semitones above and below the original key in an attempt for you to choose a key that works best for your voice.
Send your videos to email@example.com. Uploading it to YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox and then sharing the link works well. Please make sure you give us the appropriate permissions to view it! We look forward to hearing from you!
Have questions? No problem! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org