What instrument are you trying out for? Click on that instrument and you will be taken to a Dropbox folder. In this folder, you will find the song we would like to hear you sing or play. For your convenience, you will see at least four files.
- This is a low tech audition. Most people use their smartphone to capture what we need to hear and it works great.
- Video Auditions are due by Monday, October 8th
- Record a video of yourself playing or singing the song.
- Vocalists, if you can’t accompany yourself, play the song in the background and sing over the top. Make sure you are singing the same intensity of the original composition.
- We need to hear the song and your voice/instrument!!
Things we will be looking for:
- Heart for Worship
- Comfortability with the song (preparation)
- Strength of playing (wrong or right notes)
- Accuracy of parts. (Drums, you too!)
- Style (feel)
When you are ready, please send your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, Video Auditions and Applications are due by Monday, October 8th.
- Chord Chart
- Performance Track (With “Click” and “Cues”)
- Practice Track (With “Click” and “Cues”)
The “Performance Track” is the same exact file as the “Practice Track” except, we took out your instrument for you to play over. The lead vocal is also gone.
- Chord Chart
- Performance Tracks Folder (With “Click” and “Cues”)
- Practice Tracks Folder (With “Click” and “Cues”)
For you we have given a folder that contains “performance tracks”. This folder has the song with out the main vocal in it. We have the original key and also three semitones above and below the original key in an attempt for you to choose a key that works best for your voice.