Manna Market Story
Substance Church has partnered with Manna Market, Anoka County, Second Harvest and local grocers [such as Target and CUB Foods] to provide food to those in need. What a beautiful opportunity this is to meet a basic need in the community and to show others the love of Jesus!
How is it done?
Food is collected from local grocers; then at Substance, volunteers sort the food, box it back up, and load it in people's vehicles. We also put a small flyer in every box that has Substance service information and encouraging Bible verses too!
What is Manna Market?
Mann Market is led by a couple who attend Substance Church. They have a heart to be good stewards of the abundance with which God blesses this country. They put in countless hours because they want to serve God and they hope to create a hunger in others to want to know Jesus more!
Food Distribution Details
Substance Church's Manna Market location is for Anoka County Residents*.
When you come to pick up food you must present a photo I.D. and a piece of mail with your address.
Food Pick up Location:
Substance Church- Northtown Campus
8299 Central Ave NE
Spring Lake Park, MN 55432
Food Pick up Times:
Mondays 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Thursdays 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Fridays 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Saturdays 10:00am - 11:30am
- Sorting food
- Packing food
- Praying for those receiving food
Mondays 8:00am - Noon, Noon - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Thursdays 8:00am - Noon, Noon - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am - Noon, Noon - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturdays 8:00am - 11:00am, 11:00am - 2:00pm
* Volunteers do not need to work the entire shift. We will work with your schedule!
Volunteering Info / Tips:
- When you arrive for your shift, we will have you fill out a short check-in form!
- Wear comfortable long sleeve shirts and pants, close-toed shoes, and items you don't mind getting a little dirty
- Gloves and masks will be provided but is in short supply. Bring your own if possible
- Volunteers need to be healthy (no illness including runny nose, fever, cough, sore throat or otherwise)
- All volunteers must be willing and able to follow strict health and safety protocol (such as social distancing, proper hygiene, submission to a health screening, etc.)
- Children 14-18 are welcome to serve along with their parent or legal guardian