KIDS Ministry Reopening Plan (Starting June 28th)
We are excited to begin welcoming our Substance families back for KIDS Ministry at both our Northtown (all 3 services) & Downtown (only the 10am service) campuses. We will continue to offer KIDS Ministry Online for our families who decide to wait longer before returning to physical church. Here's an overview of the KIDS Reopening Plan along with an FAQ section:
- We will initially be offering a “Limited KIDS Ministry” with each environment limited to 50% capacity.
- Family Registration will be required to make sure we have enough capacity while following CDC guidelines. (Click here to register for this Sunday)
- Welcome & Wellness Teams will greet your family and guide you through a simple screening process.
- All KIDS staff and volunteers will be screened with a verbal response to the wellness checklist and a temperature check. They will wash their hands and wear a face mask.
Your First Visit
Welcome to Substance KIDS! We are so excited to meet your family on your first Sunday with us! Our team of trained, background-checked leaders will greet you and your kids and make sure your family is set up for a successful time with us.
Our team will get you registered, ask about any allergies or special needs your child may have, and get your contact information. Then, you and your child will both get a sticker with a matching code that will be used for pick up time. If for any reason we need to reach you during the service, we will text you with the number you provide at check in. If you have any questions for our team, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you!
Our goal is to create a safe, welcoming, and fun environment for all families. All of our leaders complete an application process, including a background check. We also ensure each leader has accountability with our “Never Alone with a Child” policy. For pick up, each child’s alpha-numeric code on their name tag must be matched with the code on the adult’s pick up tag. To connect with a KIDS staff to hear more about our safety policies email email@example.com.
We have 2 Move Up Days a year (Fall + Spring). Everyone with a birthday 3 months before or after Move Up Day graduates to their new group - that way kids get to move up with their friends!! The Elementary group only participates in our Fall Move Up Day with the start of school. Upcoming Move Up Days will be advertised at each campus and on our social media.
For families who will be at multiple services due to their volunteer role, we offer our Volunteer KIDS Rooms. Kids will attend their regular class first and then attend the Volunteer KIDS environment where they can participate in special activities and foster friendships with other volunteer families! Check with your KIDS Campus Staff to find out which ages and services these special rooms are being offered at your campus.
Substance KIDS committed to providing a safe environment for our families.
- Each of our environments capacity follows the guidance set by the MN Department of Health and the CDC. Pre-registration is strongly recommended to ensure there is space in your kid’s classroom.
- Our welcome and wellness teams will greet your family and guide you through a simple screening process.
- All KIDS leaders and staff are screened prior to serving with a verbal wellness checklist, a temperature check and will be wearing a mask while in any KIDS environment.
- Extra cleaning and sanitation teams have been added to all KIDS environments. Toys that are not easily cleaned will be removed from the rooms. Other toys will be cleaned and rotated in between services.
- Kids will not be required to wear a mask while attending their KIDS ministry classroom
Substance KIDS is continuing to stay informed with current Government regulations and will adjust as necessary.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Substance KIDS, our heart is to partner with parents to help kids know God and love others. We see Child Dedication services as an act of this by creating a space for parents to stand with their community to publicly commit to raising their child(ren) in a Christ-centered home. For more information, email us at email@example.com.